Thursday, November 5, 2009

Good bye 34th street... Again!..




So yet again the 34th street Gap has found a way to piss me off while I wasn't even working there. Lets see it all starts from when I came back from Ireland. Which was July 22, 2009. I go in there say "Hi by any chance is my job still open". In case you have yet to know I left the gap when I tried to move to Ireland. That didn't happen so I came back to the good old City with blinding lights. So I applied and called and all this blah blah blah. Any ways... I call them say "hows it looking for me". They say apply online. So I did. Couple weeks go by. I call no ones there. Months go by, I'm like fuck them, I'm filing for unemployment on those fuckers. So I got some money from them that way (they didn't like that). So I that lasted 4 weeks, NYS found out I quit. O wells, but then I'm like hmm what to do.

I go back again all suited up and shit. I was going job hunting in the area so I said hey why not. So I go in hard body looking mad fresh. I go in there saying where the fuck is Tony Powell (that didn't really happen but I like to add to the story a bit). He says "hello Niall whats up". Just stopping by to see if you guys are hiring. Keep in mind this is now October. He says "Well yes we are all great one with the fastest hands in the stock room and so many employee of the month awards, Niall." So I apply online and I call him. He went on say"Well great one, aka Niall I have your application in hand as we speak." I'm like sweet I'll make some money again.

2 weeks go by. I'm getting offers from other stores such as 42nd, 17th, Bensonhurst(idk if that's spelled right - it is now motherfucker), 23rd, and 54th. They all said and I quote "we would like to give you an interview, but we can't due to the 34th street store has one set up." I'm like oh okay. I'm like sweet I can work back at my old store again. I call them there doing my background check. Sweet I say again in my head. 2 weeks go by again... I call them... There like still back ground check... I start to get annoyed.

So I call 42nd street and say okay these guys are taking to long can I make an interview with you guys. They said we would love to but, we can't do to the pending interview with 34th. So that gets me heated.

I call 34th in a very upset tone. "Give me Tony Powell NOW!!!"He answers.

Tony: "Hello this is Tony Powell speaking how may I help you."

Me: "Hello its Niall the God of the 34th stock room can you please tell me is you giving me an interview soon"

Tony: "Well we are in the middle of your back ground check maybe next week."

Me: "You have been doing my back ground check for weeks, no wait months. Please remove me from your possible interview list now!"

Tony: "Well we would like to have you on our team Oh Great One"

Me: "Remove me from your list you have taken way too long and I've had it with your typical 34th street bull shit"

Tony: "Ok I will remove you from our list, Good Luck"

Me: "Thank you" {click}

So I then call 42nd street again. They told me they would have an interview setup for me for Monday or Tuesday will let me know before the end of Friday.

My new Gap home were the light are blinding and they seem to have there shit together 42nd and Broadway here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment